180 The Movie by Ray Comfort
This is not a book review per se. I have watched the movie below and I ask that you watch it as well. Sadly, the rhetoric that has been all over the Internet has shown the hatred so many have for Christians as well as those who are truly pro-life (as opposed to be only pro-life “personally”). I am not asking for heated rhetoric and will not tolerate any here. I do ask those who are Christian who do view this movie to share the movie with your friends through your various social media connections. If you decide to engage in conversation regarding this 33 minute documentary, I ask that you remain respectful of other opinions and when/if fighting for the gospel, please remember the grace and mercy shown to you by Christ when you were an unrepentant sinner. You can also check out their efforts for those who are Pro-Choice here.
Many have weighed in on this movie. Below are few choice quotes from those who have seen the movie.
- “I confess, I have committed 7 murders! GOD forgive me, I will never NEVER AGAIN trivialize abortion. NEVER again will I agree with the lie.”
- “From someone that been Pro-choice this video changed my view on life completely.” Jerry
- “Today I watched the movie for the second time and the gravity of what I did 14 years ago brought me to sobs.” Penny Hunter
- “I’ve had multiple abortions and I’ve heard abortion compared to the Holocaust before. But, I’ve never understood why…This video has been popping up all over Facebook. I finally clicked on the link. I am a history buff with a passion for WW2. My attention was immediately grabbed. As soon as the switch to abortion began I wanted to stop watching, but I couldn’t. Part of me needed to keep watching. I don’t know what to do with this information, but I think it is changing the way I view these things. I might need to watch it again. That’s something I never thought I’d say.” Candice
- “This movie has changed my heart! I stopped after the movie and just repented [to] God for my forgiveness.” Jamee
“180” has been commended by John Piper, Kay Arthur, Joni Eareckson Tada, Kirk Cameron, Francis Chan, and a host of other high profile leaders. Mark Hall (Casting Crown’s lead singer) said, “This short documentary has totally rocked my world this week. PLEASE check it out…I dare you to watch 180.”
My initial thought is that this is a compelling documentary. The parallels made throughout the movie are valid and true. There is no other issue that I can think of that ratchets up the rhetoric as does the issue of abortion. Ray Comfort, of Way of the Master fame, is in his element doing street interviews and evangelism. Watching this video will certainly equip the Christian and those who are pro-life to have a calm and calculated conversation with those who are pro-choice (see, pro-abortion).
My critic’s thought is that we do not know how many men and women Ray interviewed to put together this documentary. That is important to remember because I do not want people to go away thinking that 180 is the silver bullet in the abortion debate. Rather, it is a logical conversation that shows the inconsistencies in our thoughts and if you (or I) were to take a hard look at our own thought life, we would find that we, too, have inconsistencies. Ultimately, this is a gospel issue and Ray painstakingly shows that throughout this video as it builds to its crescendo.
I recommend that regardless of where you fall on the issue of abortion, you watch this video. Pastors, think about showing it to your congregation. Youth pastors, you will definitely want to show it to your youth after showing it to their parents.
If you want more information you can visit the webpage, 180Movie.com, where there is a host of information as well as a forum for conversation. You can like the Fan Page on Facebook. You can follow on Twitter as well.